- The School Nutrition Initiative is a true grassroots effort.Niapele works with community leaders, utilizing local resources and local expertise. We’ve been doing it for years, and we know we’ve made a difference.
- The School Nutrition Initiative builds upon policy goals articulated at the local, national and international level. Food security. Adequate nutrition. Small-holder farmer support. Agricultural development.
- The Niapele Project spends over 90% of your donation directly on project needs: tools, seeds, fertilizer, local staff salaries, nutritional assessments. When you give to the SNI, you can be sure that your donation is making a difference.
- The School Nutrition Initiative is not a “one-size-fits-all” program. Each of the three schools participating are facing unique circumstances and have their own specific needs and objectives. Niapele acknowledges this, and control over strategy and objectives is in the hands of SNI project committees.
- When you’re supporting the School Nutrition Initiative, you’re supporting more than charity efforts – you’re helping the people and communities part of the SNI take control of their lives and their destinies by giving them the tools and resources necessary.
Here’s a 6th reason if the first five weren’t enough: If you’re a donor in the United States or France, your donation can be written off your taxes!